A little research can go a long way when it comes to forming a list of new potential employers for a customer service job. Many companies that employ virtually for this type of role are very open about their acceptance of this flexible work environment. A high school diploma or GED is typically required for entry-level remote customer service representatives.
- These pieces of information are very important because customers may contact you for inquiries about a product, service, or feature.
- Your customer service rep resume should highlight your skills and experiences.
- With an idea of which remote-friendly corporations you’d be interested in working for, start browsing their open positions.
- As a service rep, you can use the tools to track, manage, answer, and resolve customer complaints and questions.
- However, there are some very important skills you must possess to succeed as in this position.
- Additionally, you need to be confident in what you are doing.
I’m extroverted, but I get a lot of in-person interaction from friends outside of work. Outside of the office, Fabrizio has a passion for food, live music, and video games. When he is not at work, you can find him tuning one of his guitars or setting up a game of padel.
Remote Work Resources
In this position, there are two types of training you need. However, it depends on the company hiring you and their requirements. You would also need access to a strong internet connection and a desktop/smartphone. Because you are working virtually, you must be online all the time. To become a remote representative isn’t a hard task all you need to do is to have the necessary skills required. You don,t need any formal training in any university.
Most duties performed by customer service agents can be done from a home office using the internet to connect to communications tools. Customer service representatives serve as the first point of contact for customers. They provide information or answer questions about products or services and handle and resolve complaints to provide a positive customer service experience.
Know the Key Players Who Hire Remote Employees
If you what is remote customer service a project manager role at a remote-first company, you could potentially do a lateral move into sales in a year or two. We’re curating a community of motivated individuals who want to work remotely. Sign up for our community (it’s free!) and we’ll start pairing you with companies who are looking for talented professionals. If you’ve been in the corporate world for a while now, your outdated resume can be refreshed with your professional social media profiles, websites or portfolios. These days, I work for a remote-friendly company with an office I go to sometimes.
- Yes, you need to have excellent communication skills to serve your customers, but you also need to know how to communicate with your coworkers and boss well.
- The job application is not harder, it’s just a bit different.
- Remote companies are very careful about who they hire, and they’re looking for some pretty specific attributes.
- Sutherland is a worldwide process transformation company with more than 60 global operation centers, over 120 clients, and 38,000 employees in 19 countries.
- Numerous tips will assist you as a remote operator.
- If you have a lot of valuable experience, keep it in.
- Get the best new remote jobs and remote work stories straight to your inbox.
Remote.com posts get good response times, most will respond within a day or two. The best remote workers really love their work and take pride in what they produce. If you don’t love what you do, your bed suddenly becomes really comfortable ― especially when no one is telling you to get up and go. Talking on the phone or via video chat satisfies my need for in-person communication just as much as actual, in-person communication. When I first started looking, I had no idea that getting a remote job is different than getting a normal job. Learning how to get a remote job is no more difficult than getting a regular job you’ll like, it’s just different.
Complement remote work with clear internal communication
There could be so many reasons; you may be specifically seeking a high-paying remote job in order to set aside money for the next few years for something big. It pays to really think about if working remotely is right for you, your career, your goals and your lifestyle. You’ve been working in an office in a big city for ages, and recently you moved to a suburb to be closer to family.